Transmission shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2000, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Transmission shifting problems

Ok guys! I have read 4 hours of messages regarding the shifting patterns of Ford transmissions. I have a 1997 Expedition with a 5.4 motor. I Have put the K&N Filter on it, My local exaust company installed a Flomaster single in/dual out muffler and pipes for me. After this I bought the Superchip for it. I am on my 3rd chip now. The first was great for a while. THen the perfomance went away. I could tell because I got no ping with low octane gas and the shifting went back to "lagging". The 2nd chip wouldnt allow the truck to start. The 3rd let the truck start but the shifting never changed. It still "lagged". So today, I bought the B&M electronic shifter piece. Well it works great shifting into 3rd and OD, but shifting into 2nd still laggs.

Is this a known problem????? Is there a way to eliminate this without having to open the pan up and install a shift kit?

I am open for suggestions on this guys.

Help me out!!!!!!!!

Thanks from Florida,

Stephen

[This message has been edited by Extosea (edited 02-13-2000).]

Old 02-13-2000, 03:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was it a "Superchip" or an ADS brand "super chip"? Just asking.

Anyway, have you tried changing the fluid? It's often a cure for various problems. Also, be sure to reset the ECU after you make any changes.

Neal

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, Optima "T-Bone" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars!!

2000 4x2 F150 XLT Reg. Cab LWB- 5.4L, Tow Pkg, 3.55LS, CD player,Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, Special Appearance Pkg.

http://members.visualcities.com/NoMo

Old 02-13-2000, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

You might want to post this in Computer CHips to get more responses.

Quick Reply: Transmission shifting problems