Transmission Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Chipper, what part was it, part number, description. 1-2 accumulator, 2-3 accumulator?
Did you have to put in new springs?

birdman

Old 01-04-2000, 11:23 AM
Smile

My brother-in-law is the mechanic that figured it all out and I was just there for hands on work but I know it was the 2-3 accumulator. And we didn't replace the spring either. All we replaced was the valve body gasket and the 2-3 accumulator. I don't remember the p/n but it changed like from a B to a C. So Ford must know the B numbered 2-3 accumulator is faulty so they revised the part and p/n.

Old 01-05-2000, 10:27 AM
My 97 f150's transmission slipped as well.The 2-3 shift was delayed when cold.This would only happen once until the truck sat for hours. The colder the outside temperature, the longer the delay.There is a TSB on this and the dealership replaced an actuator piston in the valve body. The truck drives fine now.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I have a 94 F150 4x2 5.0 V8 which gives a similar problem. Around Nov. of 2004 @ 48k miles (yes 48,000) the transmission began to shudder which I ended up spending $1600 to have it rebuilt. it was fine for a few months and then around 57k it would slip out of gear and then slip back in at high speeds (55-85).

This has been going on non stop for the but it would usually occur after an hour of driving and would vary depending on the temp. but it began to get worse, I have taken it to a friend, more than 20 times, who has a code reader and we couldn't find anything wrong except for a speed sensor error I replaced that and I thought the problem was solved but apparently it wasn't. I noticed some slight slipping and hesitating late lastnight on a short drive around town, but thought that i had let off the gas or not pushing down enough to shift to the next gear.

Then about an hour ago I was cruising along about 70-75, it was raining so it was fairly cool, I wasn't towing or hauling anything and the truck slipped out of gear and didn't get back in until 5 seconds later, I had only been driving for about 20 minutes at most. right now the truck has 82k miles. which is way too soon for these problems. does anyone know what is going on with these transmissions?

A friend said he had the same problem and spent a few thousand to fix it and still ended up having to trade it in for another truck so far he has gone through 2 f150's with the same trouble a 95, and a 2002 model( he recommended I do the same, but this truck has sentimental value to me) plus it looks excellent for how old it is. but since I have had the tran. rebuilt already, and these problems have not been solved I am starting to wonder if he is right. according to him it started as the same problems I am experiencing now

Last edited by kingsnkviper; 07-14-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingsnkviper
it would slip out of gear and then slip back in at high speeds (55-85).
'
That's a bad Transmission Range Sensor (TRS.) As it fails it will do exactly this, but it won't set a code. Get it replaced and you'll be fine.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Question More Info Please

I am experiencing the same problem with my 2001 F150. 2nd to 3rd is slipping and I've had it checked out by a transmission shop and it checked fine.
Can you tell me if you had to go to a dealership to find the accumulator? I called a local parts shop today and they said they don't carry it. Also, I have been searching for a diagram of exactly where the accumulator is located. I am not completely blind about the transmission, but I want to know exactly what I'm going for.

Quick Reply: Transmission Slipping