Transmission shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission shop

I'm about to install a Magnacharger, and the next step is to modify the transmission. I've always hated the stock shifting (too much slippage), so with this extra horsepower, I want to make some changes. I've been reading into Baumann, Transgo, etc..., but I don't feel comfortable doing the work myself.

Does anyone know of a reputable transmission shop in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area? I don't trust the local Midas and such. I'd like to find a shop that's re-valved Ford transmissions before.

Your help is appreciated.

Old 08-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may want to consider replacing the entire valve body rather that just adding a shift kit.

There are 2 companies that build a 4R70W performance valve body for high torque/horsepower applications. All you need to do is remove the stock valve body and install the new one. If you buy one of these valve bodies, they are more expensive than a shift kit, but you'll still be spending less than you would to have someone install the shift kit for you.

I don't have a shop to refer you to, but expect 2 hours labor for the install and if something goes wrong, that's it for the valve body. Most transmission shops have done quite a few of these so you won't be the 1st.

LENTECH
Performance Automatic

Quick Reply: Transmission shop