strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strange noise

Ok, here's how it all started. The other night I was driving home from the store and when i took off from a stop light, not very fast either, when the transmission was shifting from 1 to 2 there was this terrible loud grinding noise. This was somewhere around 2600-2700 RPMs. It took about five seconds for it to shift. I am clueless to what this could be. Sorry if this sounds a little confusing, but if anyone has any idea at all what this could be, or if anyone else has had this problem please respond. Thank you.

Old 03-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Mine has started to make this whining/whirring sound when it's halfway through a gear sometimes. It will start with the whine, steadily increasing in volume until it shifts, when it makes a loud click. No more noise after the shift.
It only seems to do it periodically, and only under heavy throttle. One day this tranny will die, and I can put an upgraded(bulletproof) one in. It shudders sometimes on a shift, has about a 4 second delay between reverse and drive, and now this whining noise. It may not be that long.,,,,98

Quick Reply: strange noise