Won't come out of second...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Won't come out of second...

My baby started acting weird today. She won't come out of second. I've got to take her in tomorrow morning to get the tranny checked.

Here's the story:
I'm driving to pick up my paycheck (how ironic), and my transmission starts refusing to shift. It shifts like normal from first to second, but won't go any higher without some help. I have to shift into second manually and then shift back into drive to get it to shift.

I've just recently changed the transmission fluid (like 1000 miles ago). It was the first change, and I overfilled the tranny a little. The excess leaked out, so I didn't think anything of it. I freaked when I saw a puddle of transmission fluid underneath, but I've checked it daily since I saw the puddle to make sure, and it's always been full. I've checked it both cold and hot, and both times, it's full. I'm hoping maybe it's a torque convertor belt or something simple.

It's an E40D. Truck's below.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Flea

Old 11-26-2001, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Faulty Gasket. Guess they need to take off the "reuseable gasket included" that's on the bottom of the pan

But while driving it home, It started doing the exact same thing. Shifted to third (well, tried to) and wouldn't catch. Tell ya'll one thing; that service rep's gonna have a real bad day after I come in.

-Flea

Old 11-30-2001, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could be a loose cable or something else minor.

Good luck, rebuilds are costly.

Quick Reply: Won't come out of second...