Shifting Firmness

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifting Firmness

What is the cheapest way to get a firmer shift from my F150 STX 4.6L Reg. Cab? Are there any home made remedies? Any Geniuses out there that have figured out tricks to this?
Thanks
Jason

Old 10-25-2001, 02:31 PM
I think the best and cheapest way to get firmer shifts would be to buy a superchip. The down side to the chip is that you have to run premium fuel, but the firm shifts and added performance is well worth it. It is like night and day. The chip costs $225. If you check the online classifieds, you may get lucky and find one that matches the code of your truck.

Old 10-26-2001, 07:37 PM
Smile jwrape-

If you're looking for firm shifts per $$, a good shift kit (valve body recalibration kit) is a fraction of the cost of a chip. The Superchip standard shift calibration is not very hard/firm IMO (especially at mild and moderate throttle). The Superchip is a great product and is a vast improvement over the factory shift; it obviously has other HP benefits as well. The best shifts that I've felt is a chip combined with a shift kit IMO, and I'm just waiting until my first fluid change to add mine.

Last edited by max mitchell; 10-26-2001 at 11:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Shifting Firmness