Question about 2-3 accumulator tab retainer

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about 2-3 accumulator tab retainer

2000 Ford F150 V8 XLT ..automatic with about 200k miles

I am making sure on how to install 2-3 tab retainer

should I just put it in the hole ? if so it will just fall out (I am working from bottom of transmission on my back because I have not removed transmission )

I believe I should widen those tabs ...but after doing that where exactly those tabs should fit?
There is a little notch in the bore so those tabs fits against that notch?

In couple of videos I also saw that there is like a cap (stopper) sitting on top of this tab retainer...
I dont think I saw any such cap (stopper) when I removed valve body? may be I missed it or some transmission dont have it?
if I dont put this cap what can happen?

Old 06-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just bend the tabs out slightly with some pliers and insert the retainer into the bore... nipple side down.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Question

Originally Posted by mitymerc
just bend the tabs out slightly with some pliers and insert the retainer into the bore... nipple side down.
Yeah that is what I did but that is all?
I believe once I put everything back in and start the truck ..that tab will fall out again inside on to valve body ? is that ok?

I guess on either or late models they introduced cap that sits on top of that nipple correct?
Mine is 2000 V8 F150 automatic ...can you confirm that there is no cap for my truck that sits on top of that tab retainer (i.e. that goes in between tab retainer and valve body)

Old 07-06-2018, 11:35 PM
See the youtube video below. Go to 33 mins. It will show you some stuff to look at while it's out anyhow. Don't put something that may be bad back in.

Quick Reply: Question about 2-3 accumulator tab retainer