Attn. Factory_Tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Attn. Factory_Tech

I was looking on www.powersurgeperformance.net and it lists your 1999+ Factory Tech Performance Valve Body for the Lightnings. Are they also compatable with the regular F150/F250's with the 4R100 trans and/or will it conflict with the Superchip? If so, can I purchase one through you directly? Thanks.

Bill

Last edited by Jupiterak; 09-23-2001 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll work on a regular F-150, need a special one if it's a deisel or Pre-1997, otherwise it's good to go. Conatact Sal, I don't sell direct anymore, but I'm here if you have any problems...

Thanks,

G

Old 09-24-2001, 11:32 AM
Arrow

Thanks. I just ordered one. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems.

Old 09-24-2001, 12:53 PM
What does this do? Is it for you guys that are putting out a nice amount of ponies? Thanks.

Old 09-24-2001, 01:53 PM
Here's a link.

http://www.powersurgeperformance.net...pexd.asp?id=36

I've read alot of Lightning owners praising this product. It's basically a shift-improver kit. Like Transgo and Bauhmann but without the drilling.

Old 09-26-2001, 09:30 AM
Jupiterak

Do you know if the kit now, as it's packaged from PSP, still comes with the 4x4 tranny pan? Of course you've got a 4x4 so yours probably already has the slightly higher capacity pan with drain plug in it. He used to bundle this with the new pan and I think filter and gasket. However, it was priced a little bit higher too.

I'd really be interested in how your install goes and what you think. I've thought about the same thing but with towing I was concerned, but PSP now actually mentions heavy duty applications including towing.

Also, I didn't notice any any warranty info. Do you know what, if any, warranty PSP provides? It's not a part that much of a warranty would be of benefit because if it tore something up, a $200 accumulator would be the least of my worries

Oh, by the way, he had in the past told me that he recommeded having my chip reprogrammed with NO line pressure increase with his accumulator. He's not a fan of electronicly improving shifting and cites a possibility of leaving some part without fluid causing failure. Can't remember exactly what it was, but I'd have to agree if it was done wrong, and I haven't heard of anyone with any problems with a Superchip. I'm almost at 30k on mine, about 10k with the chip and for what it's worth, the tranny fluid looks and smells new and clean. (I know that'll change once I drop the pan and see what's in there, but that's expected)

Last edited by FamilyRide; 09-26-2001 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:57 PM
FamilyRide- I wasn't aware if it may come with the pan and filter kit. The website didn't say anything about it. Unfortunately, I didn't look into the warranty deal. I guess it's one of the risks I'm gonna have to take. I know most manufacturers only cover their product and not related damaged or installation. I've been reading alot of positive feedback from Lightning owners, so what the heck. I really wanted a Bauhmann kit, but they haven't come out yet for the 4R100 trans. Gregg told me sometime this fall. And no one has given me any positive proof that the Transgo kit E40OD WILL fit the 99+ 4R100.
I haven't received mine yet. But I'll let you know how it works out. I also tow a 6000+ lbs. Bayliner in the summertime.

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2001, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sal doens't include the pan and filter, I used too when i sold them myself. You can get the pan from a dealer of Fordpartsonline.com, and the filter is part # Deutch transmission filter kit TF 325 at your local autozone for 21.12 including OH sales tax, cheapest I've seen it, same part as is installed at teh factory. As for warranty, this is a very safe mod and I've never had one cause any damage to the tranny, and I will replace any unit that doesn't work, pretty much no questions asked, I don't care if you bought it from me, Sal or used.

G

Quick Reply: Attn. Factory_Tech