Transmission issue! please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Transmission issue! please help!

Im having a transmission slip between my 3-4 shift with the OD on. but when i turn OD off, it doesnt have this issue. sometimes it feels as though it doesnt even shift into 4th but i know it does. the rpms rise about 100 and it will sorta shift. Other times if i am driving, being very light on the throttle it will sometimes rev up to 1,000 rpms before it will shift into 4th gear. in never did this before i did the L swap and it has done this since day one after it.

Ive talked to my tuner and he says all the transmission settings are stock. So i dont know if it is a faulty sensor that i put on my when i did the swap or what. I never did anything to the transmission during the swap or after. it is VERY aggrevating driving around like this!!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd conference with Darrin about it, I have not had any problems with his transmission, though I did raise the question of how mine shifted also. Mine feels like it bogs sometimes under low throttle shifting, I was told to relax its probably the clutch packs exhausting faster than the next pack can fill (its not noticed under wot) and is not a concern BUT can be fixed with tuning.

If you're saying that now; with new tuning, it over-rev's 1000 rpm before the shift then I would lean towards the tuner needs to make an attempt to rectify the 4th shift.

You did check fluid level right? simple things first

Can you log your load PID and make sure nothings out of whack there?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
another guy is having the same problems as me with his transmission and he just had darrins VB and the same torque converter as me.

it only revs over 1,000 sometimes and i can never duplicate it, that is what is strange to me.

i can log my PID's, the load seems to be fine i guess, it stays around .50 while cruising.

Last edited by str8t six; 03-02-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
i checked my fluid levels and they are fine, fluid is good, its never been over 150 degrees.

Quick Reply: Transmission issue! please help!