problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem!

hey everyone. i have a 94 f150 5.0 and lifted it with a 6in skyjacker kit and 35 in tires. i dont remember this problem before i lifted it so i dont know if it has anything to do with it. when im driving at about 35mph and above i get this bad shake that will come along and last for like 2 seconds and then go away for a moment then come back. this repeats until i either let off the gas or give it more gas. it kind of feels like when it shifts but im not positive.

Any help as to what this might be i would appreciate greatly. seeing as i dont want to waste my money on somethin that wont fix this problem.

thanks.
already posted in older model forum. thought id get more of a response here.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by FORD-country
hey everyone. i have a 94 f150 5.0 and lifted it with a 6in skyjacker kit and 35 in tires. i dont remember this problem before i lifted it so i dont know if it has anything to do with it. when im driving at about 35mph and above i get this bad shake that will come along and last for like 2 seconds and then go away for a moment then come back. this repeats until i either let off the gas or give it more gas. it kind of feels like when it shifts but im not positive.

Any help as to what this might be i would appreciate greatly. seeing as i dont want to waste my money on somethin that wont fix this problem.

thanks.
already posted in older model forum. thought id get more of a response here.
Probably rear axle U-joints gone bad. Excessive driveline angles will kill joints fast.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
yeah thats what i have been hearing. how much would it cost to have replaced? is it hard to do by myself?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by FORD-country
yeah thats what i have been hearing. how much would it cost to have replaced? is it hard to do by myself?
It's not too bad, just standard tools. Make sure you get greasable joints and don't forget those zerks are there. Probably $50 for new joints.

Quick Reply: problem!