Changing Clutch, Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing Clutch, Question...

has anyone used or heard about CenterForce Clutch Setup
I was considering the CenterForce I, its just a stock replacement, and the price is $430..

OR can anyone recommend a good quality clutch replacement...since I have just about every tool I could could need I am considering doing it the winter, I sould have the room in my garage by then...thanks

Last edited by dapro; 07-22-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think this was under $100.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I just did my clutch with the center force stage 1. It’s awesome. Be careful. The kit from counterforce only comes with the clutch. You need to get a throw out bearing and a slave cylinder from somewhere else.

The throw out bearing on mine was a pain. I ended up filling it with grease and hitting the hole with a rod that was just small enough to slide in. Awesome trick if you haven’t seen it done. A mech friend of mine showed it to me. LOL what year of truck was it?

If you have any questions post it in here. Maybe I can answer them. All in all it wasn’t a hard task. I was able to do it with out taking the truck completely apart.

I found my all the parts i needed for i think 420. Including shipping and that was with the extra stuff. I found it online. Ill look later and see if i can find the web site. Might be able to save some green.

Its a night and day differance. I ride my truck hard and used to burn the stock one all the time. I have yet to smell the centerforce. As long as you break it in right and take twice as distance on it as they say youll love it. Otherwise i know people that burn them up quick cuase they dont break them in.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.performancedepot.com/pdal...4&c=Drivetrain

theres a good deal on one.

Also dont forget the alinment tool.

They have everything here and the dual friction one( the stage 2 clutch from centerforce) is only 380. Thats a deal. Wish i would have found that. LOL.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by twintips_17
http://www.performancedepot.com/pdal...4&c=Drivetrain

theres a good deal on one.

Also dont forget the alinment tool.

They have everything here and the dual friction one( the stage 2 clutch from centerforce) is only 380. Thats a deal. Wish i would have found that. LOL.
Thanks, I appreciate the help...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM
if you run into a problem let me know. Ill help ya as best i can.

Quick Reply: Changing Clutch, Question...