New lift kit, when reversing cv axles are binding up??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New lift kit, when reversing cv axles are binding up??

Just had a new fabtech 6" lift installed and since the day i left there last week almost every time i reverse and do a full turn the truck binds up and wont move without heavy acceleration then followed by a clunk. The shop i had it done at said they cant find anything wrong with it (go figure) but today i took it to another shop and he explained during the removal and installation process of the cv axles you can separate the knuckles when removing them and if not properly re-aligned and pressed back in then after installing them in a full turn they can over extend, bind up and pop out which pretty much explains what my trucks doing. I have no trust in shops these days so i figured i would ask, does this sound right? The overall lift went like hell, they broke the passenger side shock mount ear on the lower a arm and said " its a common thing, i've seen this before, it doesn't really affect anything" and wouldn't do anything about it. My trucks completely unleveled and it binds up when you reverse and turn. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these guys are primarily welders and peddlers. I would guess that they have never had or will ever have an engineer on the payroll.

did you ever notice that the car companies do not offer 6" lifts as an option.

if the set up works correctly you are lucky

Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
check your other thread

Quick Reply: New lift kit, when reversing cv axles are binding up??