EFans for Trans Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFans for Trans Cooler

I have an Efan project coming up for the motor, and I was wondering if anybody ever put Efans on their trans cooler?

I'm going under the hood anyway, so I was thinking about using smaller fans, and the same type of controller on my Factory Super Cooler.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I though about the same thing and did more than my fair share of research. My final decision was...I was going to get a decent size cooler from Derale (7X13 or something) and mount two Derale 7", 400CFM fans on it. But let me ask you this...are you doing some serious towing?? If not, then there's no need uless you just feel like spending the money. You're stock tranny will never get hot enough even in extreme driving conditions (minut towing) to be dangerous. On your body style truck, the cooler is getting some minimal air flow from the radiator fans already.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On occasion, I tow a steel tandem trailer, with a Bobcat.

But I have a few contributing reasons for my thought process:

1) I live in Phoenix

2) My '00 F-150 blew its trans at 33,000-3,000 short of the warranty ending. I'll never forget the $1900 rebuild bill I DIDN'T have to pay.

3) I'm keeping this truck at least 10 years after I pay it off-so spending some money for longevity is acceptable.

Quick Reply: EFans for Trans Cooler