Valvoline Max Life ATF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valvoline Max Life ATF?

Anyone use or used Valvoline Max Life ATF in a 4R70W ??

Had a fluid exchange done and this is what he used. I was a little unsure of this fluid even though it says its rated for MerconV. Also, my trans only has 30K on it.

Any opinions out there would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Old 04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
We use this fluid at work. It is a universal ATF and is rated for several different specs, Mercon/Mercon V being one of them. It is a synthetic fluid and is tested by Valvoline to meet Mercon V specs. It is not a Ford "approved" fluid, but they (Valvoline) tell us that if a customer has any problems related to fluid, they will warranty the repair. If they're willing to stand behind the product like that, it's good enough for me.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Valvoline

I've sure heard a lot of good things about it. I use it in my '92 f150. Always have prefered Valvoline products.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used Valvoline MercV before. Good stuff, with no problems.

But did he use the MaxLife with stop leak? I'm sure it would be fine, just odd in a tranny with 30k.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
No .. just the Max Life ....not the one with the stop leak Thank God!!! LOL

Guess I was questioning a fluid that's rated for both Mercon and MerconV. My manual says you can NOT use dual purpose fluids if your trans requires Mercon. But you can if you require MerconV. Mine requires MerconV.

The front of the bottle says DexronIII/Mercon, but you have to read the fine print to see that it can be used in MerconV requirements. My understanding (I may be wrong) is that Mercon V has added friction modifiers .... so ..... if its Mercon V rated it can't go back and be used for Mercon.

I have just got this reading other forums and articles ....and then I was looking at my manual. It kind of goes along with the manual. Confusing I guess.

Oh well sorry to ramble ... anyway I Thank You for the input!!

Quick Reply: Valvoline Max Life ATF?