lost OD, check engine light on...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lost OD, check engine light on...

My work truck is a 05 xl f-150 reg cab 4.6 automatic 4x4 long box with over 250,000 Km on it. A year ago I changed jobs and the Ford came with the job, This F-150 has run perfect to date.

I'm in in the middle of know where and I lost OD on the automatic and the check engine light is on, The 4.6 Runs fine, No limp home mode, the two/haul appears to working ( on off light ) and the trans fluid is good, no burnt smells..

My boss just told me to use my best judgement if I decide to drive into Slave lake Alberta ( I'm in Red Earth ) But I don't want to be breaking down and The boss is not to eager to get a tow bill.

I have a fair bit of Lbs in the back that I can't leave behind and I wounder if the Ford can make it for repairs if I keep the speed reasonable.

I tried pulling the batt cables off and reseting the coumputer, this did not help, any one have an idea if this a electronic issue or something mecanical?

Old 03-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
It is a fault like any other one.
A scan will show what the main fault involves.
At this point you don't know what in the trans has a problem.
The OD lamp flashing is not nessesarly an OD fault.
That lamp is used to tell you there is a problem but not what it is.
If the boss owns the truck, your obligated to tell him, listen to his position, then act.
If it lets you down somewhere or you are held up while the truck is being serviced then the boss needs to hear this also and make a decision on what you will do. It's part of running 'his' business.

Quick Reply: lost OD, check engine light on...