Should Be a... Simple Trans Filter Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should Be a... Simple Trans Filter Question

Ok, I have a 1995 F-150 5.0 2WD Auto (4R70W)... I ordered a new Transmission Oil Pan from Ford, and unlike the original pan that came off (had a flat bottom), The pan from Ford had a sump on it. I remember when I got it I read on this forum that someone was changing their stock pan and filter to the "new" style 4R70W with a sump so when cornering there is better oil pickup. My question now is I have this pan with a sump, but dont know what year or model vehicle that had a Oil Filter that was designed to dip down into the sump and make it usefull. Anyone here know what Trans Oil Filter I need? Thanks alot. - Jacob

Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maximus924
Ok, I have a 1995 F-150 5.0 2WD Auto (4R70W)... I ordered a new Transmission Oil Pan from Ford, and unlike the original pan that came off (had a flat bottom), The pan from Ford had a sump on it. I remember when I got it I read on this forum that someone was changing their stock pan and filter to the "new" style 4R70W with a sump so when cornering there is better oil pickup. My question now is I have this pan with a sump, but dont know what year or model vehicle that had a Oil Filter that was designed to dip down into the sump and make it usefull. Anyone here know what Trans Oil Filter I need? Thanks alot. - Jacob
Order a filter for any 96 up 4r70w the flat bottom setup sucked.
Alan

Old 01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
Order a filter for any 96 up 4r70w the flat bottom setup sucked.
Alan
i agree

Quick Reply: Should Be a... Simple Trans Filter Question