Which shift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which shift kit?

What brands of shift kits are out there, and which are the better ones? Mabybe another dumb question here, but is there any way to tell if the the tranny already has one without opening it up? It shifts great, but I don't know if the previous owner had one installed or not, and if it'll help, I'll get it done. Thanks.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if it shifts really smooth and fast/crisp, i would leave it alone, if you want a better shift i would go with a factory tech shift kit it is really easy to install, i have also used trango and B@M in other vehicles and been happy with the results, good luck

Old 12-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I think that it shifts great, but I really have nothing to compare it to. All of my previous vehicles were gear bangers. The only thing close to this truck is the 05 Chevy's I drive for work, but they're all Crewcab, long wheel baseed, and under powered. Typical Chevy's... I probably won't do anything unntil the tranny actually goes out, but I was just wondereing if there was anything better... Guess I should be happy that it runs and it's American...

Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4
Yeah, I think that it shifts great, but I really have nothing to compare it to. All of my previous vehicles were gear bangers. The only thing close to this truck is the 05 Chevy's I drive for work, but they're all Crewcab, long wheel baseed, and under powered. Typical Chevy's... I probably won't do anything unntil the tranny actually goes out, but I was just wondereing if there was anything better... Guess I should be happy that it runs and it's American...

if you like the shift that it has now i would leave it alone, IMO

Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I guess I'm just a typical male. It's gotta be faster, stronger, more powerful, and more beautiful than anyone else's out there. I screw up more stuff because I always give in to my desire to tweak. But at the same time, I've learned a lot, and saved mucho money doing things myself. Bigtruck, did I get the idea somewhere that you are a Marine?

Old 12-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Bigtruck, did I get the idea somewhere that you are a Marine?

yep since 98, and still loving it

SGT Cuda U.S.M.C.
Semper fi

Old 12-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm Navy, also since '98, also E-5, and work with a lot of Marines. You ever been stationed in SEGA?

Trending Topics

Old 12-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm Navy, also since '98, also E-5, and work with a lot of Marines. You ever been stationed in SEGA?
not sure were SEGA is, been to Okinawa, guam, cambodia. laos, thailand, malasia, singapore, korea, north carolina, Iraq x2, been stationed at pendleton in Cali for the last 3 years, maybe go back to Iraq for round three in a few months, trying to go recruiting in Arizona so i can aford a house so damn expensive here in cali, i dont see alot of navy exept for the combat Corpman, i was raised around the navy, dad was a seal for 9 years, i was born at port Hianeme C.A.(dont think i got the spelling on that one) nice to see a fellow serviceman on here

Old 12-26-2005, 05:55 PM
SEGA (South East Georgia) as in Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base. Our Security Corp here are Marines. Did 5 years on Trident submarines as an Electronics Technician, and only port call was Puerto Rico.
MY brother in law just joined the Army as a pecker checker and will be going to Iraq in a couple of weeks. Best of luck to you over there, and if you need someone to look after your truck, I'm available...

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 12-26-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Which shift kit?