Green Stripe or Purple Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Stripe or Purple Stripe

The parts store lists two different vacuum modulators for my 89 F150's C6. They told me that one has a green stripe and one has a purple stripe and that the only difference was that one has more aggressive shift points (shifts at a higher RPM). Anyone know which one is the more agressive or have a suggestion as to which one I should get?

Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
It depends on the state of your motor. If your motor is loosing vacuum and your tranny is shifting late and hard, get the larger modulator. Id go the next larger and adjust it as needed. They have little screws you can tweak. Green stripe is the most common.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by rutherk1
It depends on the state of your motor. If your motor is loosing vacuum and your tranny is shifting late and hard, get the larger modulator. Id go the next larger and adjust it as needed. They have little screws you can tweak. Green stripe is the most common.
Is green larger than purple?

Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I installed the green one. I can not find any adjustment on it. Do you know where that screw is located that adjusts it?

Old 11-12-2005, 10:40 AM
I found the answer to this and thought I would post it incase anyone needed it. The adjustment screw is inline. You unplug the vaccuum line and the screw is inside the nozzle. The best I can tell backing the screw out makes it shift at a lower RPM and tightening it makes it shift at a higher RPM. Do not back the screw out too far. I did this and then my truck would not stay cranked. This did seem to help my transmission problems. It is still not quite right but it will shift while in drive now.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cool tip! Im sorry to say I'm not real familar with workin on C6s. Never had a problem with one!

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Cool tip! Im sorry to say I'm not real familar with workin on C6s. Never had a problem with one!

Adrianspeeder
I am hoping mine is alright and that some of these tweaks will get it going right. I am thinking now it might all be a problem with the vacuum lines.

Quick Reply: Green Stripe or Purple Stripe