Question for the minds

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Question for the minds

Can anyone tell me what size the transmission in/out lines are on a 4r70w and also if they are different sized going into the stock radiator. I want to say 7/16 NPT but i have no idea...

Justin

Old 09-24-2005, 11:47 AM
I just went through this. The stock lines I believe are 3/8 in diameter however, the fittings going into the radiator are not NPT, AN or anything else common (thank you ford for one of your better ideas ) they are a special fitting that has an odd thread and an o-ring seat at the bottom. I bought a set of fittings (Hayden #395 I think) at pep boys which have hose barbs on them. If you have a really good machinist friend I would say buy a set of those and go look him up to see if he could duplicate the part as an NPT adapter but I searched all over hell and creation and couldn't find such a beast.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:52 PM
i am looking to plug the fitting on the radiator(its plugged and we couldnt clear it) so i have a hayden trans cooler on it right now, but i want to put a better cooler w/ e-fan/troyer cooler. I was going to plumb it with 3/8 steel line but was trying to figure out what size fittings to buy (to go into the trans). The cooler is -06AN

J

Quick Reply: Question for the minds