Missing Tooth on 4th Gear - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing Tooth on 4th Gear - HELP!

My personal hell with Ford continues...

I posted a thread last week about having to replace the slave cylinder on my '02 F-150 (6 cyl, 5 sp, 2WD, <29K miles, see 'Clutch Slave Cylinder Leak in '02 F150' subject thread). Well, last Friday, I picked up my truck with the replaced slave cylinder ($500) and drove the ~3 miles home. The next morning, I drove the truck ~2 miles when all of a sudden the stick started shaking and the worst grinding / clunking noise imaginable came screaming out of my truck. I brought the truck right back to the dealer, AND...the service manager told me yesterday that a tooth from the 4th gear had broken off! I do not believe that the two issues are related, but could they be? Has anyone else gone through this? Am I now stuck with a "problem waiting to happen" tranny, or were these just two random events? The manager is waiting on a response from the Ford rep for some assistance, but it sounds like this is going to cost me again! What about the powertrain warranty? And, how much could this job cost? I might have to walk away from this if things don't improve soon. Thanks for any advice or feedback.

Quick Reply: Missing Tooth on 4th Gear - HELP!