Anyone Know Anything About E4OD Shifter Linkage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Know Anything About E4OD Shifter Linkage?

During the process of removing and replacing my MLP sensor, what seems like a hundred times, I have apparently somehow fouled up my shifter linkage. I am having problems getting it properly adjusted.

Currently I can get it adjusted to put the tranny in P, OR I can get it adjusted to give me the availability of 1st. I cannot adjust it for the availability of both at the same time.

The linkage cable doesn't seem to have the range of movement that's necessary.

If I get it adjusted to give me 1st, the linkage won't push far enough to get it into P. However, if I get it adjusted to give me P, it can't pull enough to click into 1st.

Could I have broken the linkage?... It's just a cable with a chromed rod at the end, right? How could I have broken that?

Also, is there a likelihood that messing with the linkage during the MLP sensor changeout could have damaged something up in the column?

I did, probably a couple of times, pull the linkage cable out of the brace bracket that the adjustment assembly attaches to. This is the bracket just forward and to the driver's side of the MPL sensor.

Quick Reply: Anyone Know Anything About E4OD Shifter Linkage?