Troyer Trans Cool Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer Trans Cool Question

I just purchased Troyers Trans Cooler kit (Derale) for my 01 F150 4x4 (no tow package). My question is I was going to mount to the front of my AC condeser on the driver side. Fan facing towards the grill. The cooler fan has a sticker on it saying the air flow is back to front. I already have the Troyer E-fan rad kit installed set up as a puller (pulls air in thru rads). Is this going to be an issue ? Can I just use blue as positive and black as neg to make it pull ? (the sticker says black is +) Is that OK to do with the S type fan blades of the the trans cooler ? Is there some place else I should be looking to mount the cooler ?

Thanks for your help.

Craig

Old 05-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you run the fan backwards it will move very little air. The blades are designed to move air in one direction only.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know which Derale fan/cooler Mike uses, but the one I have is fully reversible. Here is the link to Derale: Click here for Derale

Old 05-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I mounted mine to the front of my radiator. You can see it thru the grille here:

http://trixtersracing.com/blackandblown.htm

Old 05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi Spoke to Crystal at Mike's Office, she faxed me the instructions that were missing from the box. The fan blade can be flipped over to make it a pusher. So it looks like I'm good to go now. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Troyer Trans Cool Question