AOD tranny rebuild not as expected Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOD tranny rebuild not as expected Help!!

I have an 88 bronco 4x4 with a 302, and just put in a freshly rebuilt AOD transmission and it still won't move. I made sure the converter was in all the way before it was put together. Park works but the others are just freewheel, like the transmission is not engaging. I put in 8.5 quarts of ATF and it is showing on the dipstick that it is way too full; there is supposed to be 12.3 quarts. Also on a somewhat related note the transfer case is bound up but I am almost positive that it is in 2h. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt Eastman

Old 11-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From youre discription I would say that the front pump was not enguaged with the converter and is not working. if the pump was working it will pull the fluid throgh the trans and fill the converter alowing you to fill the trans corectly.
When you install a trans after bolting the trans case to the block you should be able to grab the converter studs and move them easaly back and forth in the holes, if this does not hapen the converter is not all the way in and pushing back on the flex plate.
I would say you may as well drop the trans pull the converter and pump and see what damage hasbeen done. I am shure this is not what you want to hear, but is the most likely thing. Good luck, hope things go better for you

Quick Reply: AOD tranny rebuild not as expected Help!!