Need your opinions on replacing my tranny

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need your opinions on replacing my tranny

So I'm doing donuts and burnouts and getting into all other kinds of mayhem last night when I pop it into reverse, floor it, and then hear a sickening grinding/ slamming sound below me as the truck refuses to reverse another foot. I'm towing her to a shop later today but I already know I'm in for a rebuild/ replace...

My question to you guys is, what should I replace it with? Can anybody recommend a good manual transmission that can be fit into the truck without extensive modifications (re: cost me too much)? I was thinking something along the lines of a Cobra drivetrain (don't they use a Tremec or something like that?). And while I'm under there, what do you guys think of replacing the drive shaft with something lighter, like an aluminum or carbon fiber one? Anything like that available that you all know of?

Like I said I'll be taking her to the shop later today so they can tell me just how bad the damage is, hopefully you guys can give me some ideas to have her running better than ever when she comes out!

Old 06-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you find out man?

Quick Reply: Need your opinions on replacing my tranny