O/D flashing error, had code pulled

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O/D flashing error, had code pulled

Went to All-Trans (tranny shop) and they pulled the tranny codes. Dumb tech didn't write down the exact code. But all he said was it registered a "3-2 shift error". Whatever the hell that means. To make it worse, I had to cross on the Fraser with the Langley ferry. Anyway, everyday for the last 1 1/2 weeks the shift lever light has been flashing shortly after starting my drives. From the ferry all the way to the tranny shop (40min drive) the damn thing didn't register the error again. Guy said to come back and leave it running if light is flashing. Only cost me $35cash so I guess I can't complain. On the drive from the tranny place to work nothing showed up again. Took in and out of O/D, some WOT shifts, etc. Damn thing works like nothin happened.

Weird.

Cam-Clark Ford in N.Van still hasn't gotten back to me about 4R70W parts - gave them a list on Monday to see if I have any of the pieces in my 98 or if I need to order upgraded parts. Turns out the guy I talked to is off till next Monday and I'm doing my valve body mods this weekend. Figures!

Old 12-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Called the Ford dealer again... finally the guy decides to just look up the part numbers while he has me on the phone. Apparently my 98' has the recommended parts in it already as recommended by the www.tccoa.com tranny tech articles. In other words, the right springs, accumulators and the larger 2.7" OD servo.

I'm just going to Jerry Mod the valve body, add a cooler and be done with it.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a good idea, you cant go wrong with a nice tranny cooler. Heat kills tansmissions. You can always install a shift kit or a Factory tech valve body too, you wont be disappointed with either one.

Good luck.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:22 PM
That's what the "Jerry Mod" is, equivalent to a shift kit but $10 in parts plus tranny oil.

Should I get the special "bypass" fitting for the oil cooler as it's the B&M "race" 28,000lb gvrw one that doesn't have that feature built-in? Basically when the oil is cold it bypasses the cooler (more useful if you're in the arctic). Any thoughts?

Last edited by p_ferlow; 12-12-2003 at 10:46 PM.

Quick Reply: O/D flashing error, had code pulled