Repair Bill....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repair Bill....

Just wondering what some of you have paid for a tranny rebuild with a stock components and an upgraded shift kit. Don't know the name of the shift kit yet, but let's just say it cost $200.

I waited long enough for someone to answer my questions in the tranny problems forum and no luck so I took it in and the guy said $275 to take it out and put it back in and $650 to rebuild plus hard parts, such as torque converter. So, all in all, $925 plus tax. Now, I don't know the difference in "hard" parts on a tranny and "will be replaced "only" if it needs them". I know I had some clutch packs that burn up but in a rebuild, aren't you supposed to get new on most all of the internals??

Anyway, the guy calls me back and says it will be $1534 plus tax. This includes the $925, a new tconverter, the 2nd to 3rd clutch pack, an upgraded shift kit, and one other thing, I am thinking a solenoid of some kind is what he said.

I think this is a lot of money for a 4R70W rebuild. I do know he is charging me $250 for the new tconverter because he said if I want to upgrade that while he is doing it, subtract $250 and add the price of the tconverter I want.

Any experience with this??

Old 08-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know the opinion on this board, but a rebuilt trans out of the box from Ford with warranty is less than 1800.00 with torque converter.

MK

Old 08-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was right around 2000 to get mine rebuilt. The place I got a warranty through paid for it though.

Quick Reply: Repair Bill....