Trans-Go Shift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trans-Go Shift Kits

Hi-

I'm now on the market for more go-fast parts. I was interested in a Trans-Go shift kit, but I really don't know much about the mod. aside from the fact that it increases line pressure and allows more fluid through the system. I also heard that there is some drilling involved. Part of my delema is that I have 4 more years on my Ford warranty, and I don't want *ANY* problems if something should go wrong.

Any information or experiences is welcome!

Thanks...

-Matt

Old 07-01-2003, 11:10 AM
I have a TransGo and love it. It cost me about $80.00 for the kit and the price of fluid. It does require some drilling but isn't a hard install. I'm sure however that you wouldn't want to take a transmission warranty in with this sitting in the truck it would stick out like a sore thumb and I'm sure they would deny warranty. I believe others will be along here in a bit that will tell you the merits of Factory Tech's valve bodies. From everything I have read they are slick.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 07-01-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the improvement w/ the Transgo kit. Shifts are much better IMO. I chose the middle of the three settings and at low or part throttle there is little difference from stock shifting. WOT is where you will notice the most difference in shifhting.

What I did'nt like was that I think it's somewhat generic. When I was going through the directions for drilling out the holes in the separator plate I found that some holes were already bigger and one was even square shaped. The Transgo kit obviously covers all the 4R70w years & applications. I'd like one made for my exact transmission, year, truck ect.

Maybe the Factory Tech unit is more vehicle specific? Maybe Gregg will elaborate if he stumbles on this thread.

Good luck.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all the imput. GH, I agree that it would prob. void factory warranty, and for that reason, I will hold off until the warranty expires.

I also agree that the Trans-go is a good mod. I've been reading about Gregg's VB's, and everyone has been praising the job he is doing. Another possiblity for the future (at a great price, too).

-Matt

Quick Reply: Trans-Go Shift Kits