Shift Solenoid B

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift Solenoid B

This is my first Question for this forum and I have seen alot of good advice on here. My question is: I have a 97 F-150 SC 5.4 4x4 approx. 83,000 miles that has had a intermittent engine light on. I pulled the OBD codes today and got P0755 which converts to Shift Solenoid B malfunction. Has anyone replaced one of these and if so how hard is it? Is there anything I should check out first before diving into this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips anyone may have in resolving this issue.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the board! There is a lot of good info indeed!
Do a search for "solenoid" in the transmission forum and you will come up with several recent posts regarding this, including several from myself.
I recently changed out the solenoid pack on my E4OD. Which tranny do you have?
Not a hard swap but a bit costly after parts, fluid and brew. Well worth it in my case, it shifts like new . Mine never threw a code.
Good luck!

Old 06-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks

Thanks for your info and help CDeHeer97. If I read the Certification Label correct I have an E for TR which I believe is the E4OD transmission.

If I am wrong please let me know. I see alot of posts about some of the other solenoids, but not much on the Shift solenoids A and B. I guess I need to do more research on this to be sure I am looking for the right stuff. Anyway I appreciate your help and input. I was thinking maybe some trash had maybe gotten in the solenoid also and might have worked its way out. I have reset the code to see if it will return.

I am not much of a Transmission Guru so this is new territory for me. The engine light would go out when the fuel tank got down around 1/4 of a tank and stay off till i filled up again and then pow it would be back on, which I thought was wierd. Like I said any advice is appreciated. I enjoy the forum. Hope I can fix this thing without taking it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Shift Solenoid B