Towing & Hauling

hauling @ work

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hauling @ work

Hey guys got a quik question:

I just took a new job laying fencing in the am, and i'm the only guy that drives a truck to and from the worksite. My boss has been asking me if could tow some stuff around the job site, my question is:

If something where to happen to my truck (got damaged in any way ) would my boss be legally resposible, morally resposible or niether for the damages??

or should i just say no when he asks me??

thanks

Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FX41
Hey guys got a quik question:

I just took a new job laying fencing in the am, and i'm the only guy that drives a truck to and from the worksite. My boss has been asking me if could tow some stuff around the job site, my question is:

If something where to happen to my truck (got damaged in any way ) would my boss be legally resposible, morally resposible or niether for the damages??

or should i just say no when he asks me??

thanks
Well, that depends on what he is asking you to tow i suppose.

Tow more than your truck can tow? Tow something illegal like many kilos of coke?

Is he paying you extra to tow things around using your truck?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:52 PM
So you want to turn you truck into a "work truck" Huh? My boss has asked me to do some stuff with my truck.... I just look at him...smile....and walk away.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Tell him that when he makes the payments and does all the maintenance, then you will tow stuff around.
Quite possibly, if you are towing and get into an accident, and your coverage does not state for business use, you may be SOL.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Quick question....

How on earth does a FENCING COMPANY not have a company truck of any sort? Did the materials just appear at job sites before you started working there? Thats the kind of company that I wouldn't do business with.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Its nothing illegal and not even close to my trucks ratings but i just don't feel comfortable with towing stuff around for him, he's got company trucks, i think he has just bittin off more than he can chew with projects and work sites so they are tied up or he's left one truck short, its only happened twice i just don't want it to happen every day......thanks for the imput guys i appriciate it

Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 AM
If it were me, I'd politely tell the boss no. While it may have only happened a few times so far, it's quite possible it'll become a habit.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by FX41
Its nothing illegal and not even close to my trucks ratings but i just don't feel comfortable with towing stuff around for him, he's got company trucks, i think he has just bittin off more than he can chew with projects and work sites so they are tied up or he's left one truck short, its only happened twice i just don't want it to happen every day......thanks for the imput guys i appriciate it
tell him all this, it wont be easy I am sure. But you answered your own question - I think.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Every insurance company I have talked to says they will not pay a claim if the vehicle was being used to make money and not insured as a commercial vehicle. Technically if you are using it for work and not personal use you are uninsured unless you pay the big bucks for a commercial policy.

If you feed the bears they will come back for more. Give in to your boss once and I guarantee he will ask again and again till it becomes expected of you.

Quick Reply: hauling @ work