Towing & Hauling

sprinter travel trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprinter travel trailer

anyone have any thoughts on the sprinter brand of travel trailers? we are looking at a 27 ft....wife likes the layout and color scheme more than anything else we have seen (in that size that is). the kz sportsman is close. but a cheaper looking entertainment center and cabinets......tia...

Old 04-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can't comment on the Sprinter line directly (made by Keystone), but they are a name brand manufacturer and are above what I call "entry level" trailers......

I looked at their web site and found that the "smallest" trailer has a "dry" weight of over #5500. By the time you even look at it, It'll probably be at least #6000 easy....

Anyway, your '04 should be able to handle that if you have the 5.4 and 3.73 rear end.....

The things to look at are the mechanical things.... Look at the welds on the tongue and axles. Check to see that it has good cross bracing on the frame. Hows the fit and finish of the appliances, etc.

I've got a Fleetwood manufactured trailer and it's what I'd call "entry level"....... The cabinets are pretty thin, and the facets are pretty cheap, but it's been a very good unit and I've not had any major issues with it, but I have had to "re engineer" some things...... For the price I paid, I can't expect Airstream type of quality, but it gets the job done and I'm happy with it!

Good luck!

Mitch

Old 04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you considered the Keystone Outbacks? I just bought a 28BHS that "as delivered" was about 5300#....A lot of trailer for the weight. Check out Outbackers.com for a great deal of techical info.....It's kind of like this board for Outbackers.

Later,

Sidewinder

Quick Reply: sprinter travel trailer