Weird Behaviour- Need Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Behaviour- Need Guidance

Hello Forum - I have searched the internet, and this forum ad nauseam. I can't seem to find this issue.
215 F150 Lariat with 40K miles

Whenever I unlock my phone, the truck acts likes it dialing a number. This phone isn't dialing, but screen, it looks like it is. This started a couple days ago. Yesterday, when I turn off the power, I get a beeping noise...and the system is acting like the engine is still on. Today, when I walked away, the horn beeped twice (to signal the car is running, and you're walking away). These symptoms go away only when I lock the doors.

I tried reseting the Sync back to the factory setting. The phone issue is gone, but not the issue where the truck acts like the engine is still running.

Also, when it beeps, it sounds like it's in 'Safe Mode', but not all the time. Now, when I open the door to get in, it starts the beeping.

Any tips? or guidance?

Thank you

Last edited by jeffchiappetta; 09-09-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 09-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Have you tried resetting it?

Old 09-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reset Sync, yes. It erased all the phone connections, and put everything back to the factory settings. But, it didn't change the behaviour. When I came out of the grocery, the lights were still on, and the truck was locked.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:09 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
the ignition "beeping" thing may be traced back to one of the fuse boxes on the truck. Might be time to get some professional help if you aren't very proficient with electrical diagnosis

You can also try a "hard reset" disconnect the battery and touch both battery cables together. then reconnect the battery and retest for the symptoms

Quick Reply: Weird Behaviour- Need Guidance