SYNC Button not Responding

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYNC Button not Responding

The basic sync system I have in my '09 escape has stopped working. I press the steering wheel button and it doesn't respond, no chime, no indication on the display. I have pressed the phone button on the console and "No Phone" shows up on the display. As well when I press the AUX button "No Aux" shows up on the display. My owners manual doesn't provide any troubleshooting to help with this problem.

I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it after about an hour but that did not fix the problem; it just caused more issues like my external temperature indicator showing fahrenheit now instead of celsius.

A little over a week ago my battery had died and had to be charged, I'm not sure what effect that would have on the sync system and the ability to use the aux button on the console.

Where should I be starting with a problem like this?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Ford Customer Service
Hey megawatt,

Sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting. It's time to take it into the dealer, so they can look into the issue. There isn't anything else you can do on your own.

Keep me posted.

Shaay

Old 01-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Hi Shaay,

I pulled the sync fuse (#3 according to my owner's manual). The fuse wasn't blown but when I replaced it the issue seemed to be resolved.

I am assuming there is a capacitor in the system that didn't discharge when I pulled my battery. I did this Friday and it seems to have reset it; I haven't had any more problems.

Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey megawatt,

Sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting. It's time to take it into the dealer, so they can look into the issue. There isn't anything else you can do on your own.

Keep me posted.

Shaay

Old 01-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Ford Customer Service
You're welcome, megawatt!

Shaay

Quick Reply: SYNC Button not Responding