voice button stops working

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voice button stops working

I have a 2012 f-150 with nav and my voice button chooses to work once in a while. I hit my voice button say phone and it takes me to usb/ line in every time. I hit my voice button again and it acts like it doesn't exist. if I hit my media button then my voice button starts to work again say Bluetooth audio starts playing then hit my voice button again and nothing no sounds or anything and wont work till I hit the media button again. went to sync my ride and it says its up to date any ideas

Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Ford Customer Service
Hi, tjmaxtj -

If you haven't already tried a master reset of your SYNC system yet, I recommend it:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ync-navigation

You will lose the pairing with your phone, but it should resolve the issue you're having. Please let me know if this helps.

Jaclyn

Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 AM
While parked with the Ignition on, press the "3" and "6" key simultaneously until the "Speaker Walk Test" comes up. Exit that test and you will be at the "Bezel Diagnostics" Screen. Click on the DTC's button and see if you are getting any errors. I doubt it as the 2012 used a SCCM to transmit the messages, so it is likely the button set or the clock spring failing if there is truly an issue.

Let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: voice button stops working