ipod problem

Old 02-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ipod problem

Ok I have an older Ipod,, when I plug it in to thur the USB the pod says I need an app to play???

Is there a requirement for the sync as far as the version on the ipod???

Shouldn't it be a plug an play system??? without the use of the voice command??

I downloaded a display thing for sync from the app store. While it was on the ipod it worked. It's not there and now it won't. Display of the options for the sync,, mostly for the mytouch version.

It's a 2013 XLT crewcab with basic sync.

thanks marc

Old 02-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine did that too.. I didn't download anything, but it still played just fine. I was able to get the voice commands to kinda work, but my Sync is pretty picky and sometimes she listens and understands and other times nothing...

Right now I'm mostly just using the bluetooth connection and that's working fine.. I still can only get her to understand me 50% of the time, so I just select the BT thru the menu. I mostly just let the ipod play all my songs at random anyway, so it works well for me..

Mitch

Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Didn't realize the older ipods had Bluetooth on them?? I cant find the tab in settings for Bluetooth. I got wi fi for internet,, but no Bluetooth setting. Just to clarify I have a
3rd gen ipod and as far as I know they don't have Bluetooth.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I don't know when they came with BT, but mine is a "Touch" and not the most recent gen.. I got it just over a year ago for about $100 cheaper than the most current one at that time is all I can recall.. At the time, I didn't really care if it had BT or not..

Glad it does however!

But, when I did plug it to the USB, it did want to load some app, but I didn't do it and it still played fine thru the cable. Once I learned that Sync would work with it on the BT, that's all I've been using since.

Good luck!

Mitch

Old 10-29-2014, 01:31 AM
Well I found out my ipod works thru the usb without the download thing I talked about.

It's also convoluted to get things to play on the sync system,, I went out and got a newer ipod with BT. I wish it was just a turn it on and pooooof it worked,, not!!!!!!

marc

Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 AM
I've since switched to just using my really old iPod with the USB cable and just leave it plugged in all the time and that's all I use now. It all fits in the cabinet, so you can't see it or the cable at all..

Still having issues with the microphone working about half the time, so I can hear the caller on my BT phone, but they can't hear me.. Kinda makes it useless really...

But, it plays the iPod just fine as long as you don't want to 'talk' to it..

Mitch

Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM
Ford Customer Service
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchF150
I've since switched to just using my really old iPod with the USB cable and just leave it plugged in all the time and that's all I use now. It all fits in the cabinet, so you can't see it or the cable at all..

Still having issues with the microphone working about half the time, so I can hear the caller on my BT phone, but they can't hear me.. Kinda makes it useless really...

But, it plays the iPod just fine as long as you don't want to 'talk' to it..

Mitch
Hey, Mitch -

Have you had your dealership look into this yet? They can perform tests on the microphone to see what's going on.

Let me know.

Jaclyn

Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks Jaclyn,

No, I've not taken it to the dealer yet. It's too random in occurrence that if it happens to be working when I take it in, there will be nothing to look at..

If it gets to the point where it's not working at all, that's when I'll take it in.

Thanks again,

Mitch

Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Ford Customer Service
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Thanks Jaclyn,

No, I've not taken it to the dealer yet. It's too random in occurrence that if it happens to be working when I take it in, there will be nothing to look at..

If it gets to the point where it's not working at all, that's when I'll take it in.

Thanks again,

Mitch
No problem, Mitch.

I can't say that it will take care of it, but you can also try a master reset of the system.

SYNC with MyFord:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

SYNC with MyFord Touch:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Please note, it will restore settings to factory defaults.

Jaclyn

Old 10-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Yes, I've done the Master Reset and paired my phone again and it connects, but still no voice commands or the caller able to hear me..

It's actually not worked the last 3-4 times I've started the truck, so maybe it's gotten to the point I can duplicate for the dealer...

I've got lots of time left on warranty (2 years) so I'll get in before then for sure.

Thanks!

Mitch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipod problem