Sync Won't read text

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync Won't read text

When I bought my '10 new, it flat out hated my Iphone 3G, Shortly after buying the truck, I got a windows 7 Samsung phone, and it worked flawlessly, including it would read text. After a while, it just up and quit reading text, and I didn't really fret about it. I had done some formatting of the phone, and different updates, so I shrugged it off as a phone problem.

I very recently got a LG G2, and it still won't read text to me. It's a function I wish I had again, as texting has become more and more relevant in my day to day life.

I tried a while ago to update the sync in my truck, but I remember it telling me to "wait for a second beep" or something....... which never did happen, and I honestly don't think the update ever actually sunk in. Any ideas other than "return to the dealer"?

Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Ford Customer Service
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
... I very recently got a LG G2, and it still won't read text to me. It's a function I wish I had again, as texting has become more and more relevant in my day to day life.

I tried a while ago to update the sync in my truck, but I remember it telling me to "wait for a second beep" or something....... which never did happen, and I honestly don't think the update ever actually sunk in. ...
Hi Canadianelbow,

The texting feature is phone-dependent, meaning SYNC will always offer the functionality but it's up to the phone's compatibility in order to work. I don't see any testing information regarding the G2, but you can view the current compatibility listings here (just click on the View Canadian Carriers link): http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...atibility-sync

If you PM your VIN, I'd be happy to check on your current software status. I can give you some update resources and pointers as well, if need be.

Antonio

Old 12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, my wife is having issues with her iPhone 4s and sync. Her phone and software version are on the compatibility list however text messaging isn't supported. But every once in a while it would work and read her texts. It would show the text on the screen and ask if you wanted to read it. It seems like once she gets out of the car and gets back in and pairs again it wont work with texts. Why does it work sometimes but then not others. To me with todays software and phones Bluetooth texting should be a standard feature. Any ideas?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a galaxy cell and could never read text messages in my 2010 Platinum until I had help from Ford tech support on line (just recently). Now my Gen1 Nav will allow me to read them and while in motion she will read to me. The dealer was no help. In fact I gave them a download on a usb for others with the same problem. Hope this helps if you're still having issues.

Quick Reply: Sync Won't read text