Connected to Wifi...now what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connected to Wifi...now what?

So...I have a 2013 F150 lariat and I connected it to wifi this morning here at my house...

now what? What does this give me? magical sync ferries did not appear and do amazing things to the truck....so I'm confused!

I know how pandora and google music work via bluetooth & sync through the phone, and I find myself playing that a lot while driving around...

forgive me if this has been asked, i did some searching and see no threads.

so what next now that its on my wireless?
Thanks,

Old 12-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I know it will only work if you are within range, which will be pretty much in your driveway. It will not work on the road. Your house Wi-Fi has a very limited range. I would try for data hook-up with your phone but what exactly are you trying to accomplish? I don't believe the truck system will cruise the internet..........

Old 12-16-2013, 10:46 AM
right...yes it only works within range of the house, i was just wanting to test what it was supposed to be able to do with a wifi connection. tethering to the phone is an option but just for testing purposes I didn't want to cook my data plan early this month.

I know I can use the truck as a mobile hotspot, but I don't have a USB 4g modem plugged in. Just curious what it can do with an active internet connection to the sync console.

Thanks,

Old 12-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think there is any application the Sync will benefit from using Wi-Fi or any other data link.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
well shoot...maybe that will change in the future. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by KingJR
So...I have a 2013 F150 lariat and I connected it to wifi this morning here at my house...

now what? What does this give me? magical sync ferries did not appear and do amazing things to the truck....so I'm confused! ...
Thanks,
Hi KingJR,

The Wi-Fi capabilities of MyFord Touch, as with most other Wi-Fi enabled devices, allow you to detect nearby hotspots. The primary function of this feature is to create a mobile hotspot via wireless aircard or a compatible Bluetooth-tethered smartphone. At this time, there is no way to use a signal once connected to a home network.

Antonio

Quick Reply: Connected to Wifi...now what?