Sync is cold blooded

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync is cold blooded

Anybody else have a problem with their sync when it's cold? Mine will not read bluetooth, usb or activate from the steering wheel for any commands until the interior of the truck warms up. All I get is AM/FM radio until then.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 AM
Yup, mine has been acting up a lot lately. Cold wasn't an issue last winter but it seems to be this year.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Many electronics are will operate poorly or differently when the electronics components are Cold, ambient temp, in the low 30s, and below causes circuitry components to have different qualities then when at normal temps. Circuit design can help with this issue however, I have notice, for years my LCD display and even cell phones to not function/power up properly when they are at these low temperatures. It could be an indication of power switching circuit components being very close to the acceptable specifications/tolerances and the change in temp makes the components values go out of spec. I would check with the Stealership and see if they have this problem on new vehicles. If your in warranty and all the vehicles on the lot operate normally at those low temps they should replace/correct the issue.

Just my two cents... now worth half a cent due to inflation.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm due for a service so I'm going to bring that up when I take it in after the first of the year. Now that I think of it...last year I had a problem with the traction control going on and off in cold temps. They put a new cluster in. This year I have had that problem a couple times though not like last year. I wonder if it somehow ties together in a harness or something.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I came to this forum to ask if anyone had been having problems with their SYNC or aux button suddenly stopping working. I hadn't given any thought to warming up the cabin first. I will try that tonight and post back and see if it works.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I went on the Ford sync my ride site and did the latest update to the sync system. It helped but did not correct it entirely. When to the dealer today for my 25000 mile checkup and had them look into it. They disconnected the battery, then did a master reset of the sync. We don't know if it will correct it since it was warm in the repair garage. Guess we will see on the next cold day here. Suppose to be warmer this week.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ripped all of the factory Sync crap out and installed a GOOD sound system. The Sync system is a real amateur attempt............

Quick Reply: Sync is cold blooded