Anyone upgrade their sync?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone upgrade their sync?

I picked up a 2012 F150 a few weeks ago. Ive setup an account or the sync services and it told me there is an update. I followed the steps and Im not sure if it took the update or not. The instructions indicate that a "Installation complete" message will be announced a few seconds after starting the install. But you have to wait for a second message after that. Well I sat in my truck for 30 minutes with it running and no response. So Im not sure if it took the update or not.

anyone ever hear the second message? Is there a way to see what version of sync I have?

cheers,

Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know I had the same exact issue, so when I downloaded my update, I just waited about ten minutes after it said it was complete and then I plugged it into my computer and according to their website it was done correctly. I don't quite understand their way of doing it because mine did work but I didn't hear the second install complete, I just had to play the wait game.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Ya it said it worked when i verified the update too... but i still dont know for sure. There are a few things I dont like about it. When I stream music via bluetooth from my iphone and when I start the truck next time it wont default back to bluetooth audio... it goes to line in.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 AM
I have that same problem. I'm new to the whole sync thing, I was trying to figure out if there is a newer update but all I see is the update status checker. I'm gonna bug them when I get a chance.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM
yeah I am sitting here with the same problem... 15 minutes and just the first message on the "Installation Complete". Not sure when to give up and unplug the USB.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 AM
update: apparently it did finish... I came in to watch the debates and when I came out the Installation Complete popup was gone and the system was on the menu where you select to Install the software. Putting the USB stick back into the website via the PC, the website confirmed that the update was successful. THen I found out that this update was the same as the software already in the system. So it was all unecessary.

So if your system looks like it's locked up... just wait it out... mine was about 45 minutes to complete.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 AM
I upgraded my Sync......I ripped it out and put it in the box my Pioneer double din came in.
What a poorly designed system.........

Old 10-05-2012, 12:43 AM
funny aussiekeeper.

however, while I agree it's buggy software, the idea is right. I'd say it's designed correctly from a feature point of view, but implemented without enough QA. You can either wait forever for this stuff to ship, or Ford can learn how to be a sw company and ship early and often. I prefer the latter. I can live with the bugs as long as they send out updates frequently like the rest of the hardware world.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by RecoRepo
update: apparently it did finish... I came in to watch the debates and when I came out the Installation Complete popup was gone and the system was on the menu where you select to Install the software. Putting the USB stick back into the website via the PC, the website confirmed that the update was successful. THen I found out that this update was the same as the software already in the system. So it was all unecessary.

So if your system looks like it's locked up... just wait it out... mine was about 45 minutes to complete.
So did you let your truck idle for that long? I got a battery warning after only 5 minutes.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
yes I did... it was cool out that night.

Something broke in that I cannot call by name anymore. Otherwise the voice recog is excellent, but there is a bug in code that deals with the phonebook. Either it's because of this update process or some other config thing I did that surfaced the bug. Sigh.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I was having the non stop indexing issue for awhile tried to update it ran into the same stuff you guys are saying when performing the update. I let the truck run for close to 30mins and never heard the second confirmation on the update being successfully installed yet it showed it was up to date after I pulled the USB drive out and checked on my laptop. I ended up pulling the fuse to reset the SYNC system and fix the indexing issue. Only reason I am using it is because I like the bluetooth with my phone. I will be replacing it down the road. It is buggy now, what will happen when Ford stops supporting it?

Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 AM
anybody report on what their MFT Sync version is?

I supposedly have the latest installed and it says Version Gen1 - v4.1.4.T

Is this the latest...anyone have anything later than this?

I have a 2012 EB F150 FX4 SCrew.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Kinda strange everyone having to update their Sync system while I'm still running the original that came installed on my early 2010.

I've upgraded my primary phone twice with no problems and just added my iPad 4 to sync with no problem, wotsoevah.

Never had to visit "Sync My Ride" cuz I've never encountered any problems.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
does anyone have the 3.1 download. the sync website wants dealer to instal and doesnt offer the download. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade their sync?