iPhone and Sync

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone and Sync

Anyone with iPhones having issues hooking up to your SYNC? My Samsung Galaxy will not work for the life of this phone. I love the Droid but I'd like to utilize my SYNC. Any input appreciated.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Some good info on page #2 of this thread>>> forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/148063-galaxy-nexus-ford-sync-phone-problems.html

Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by NJ11FX4
Anyone with iPhones having issues hooking up to your SYNC? My Samsung Galaxy will not work for the life of this phone. I love the Droid but I'd like to utilize my SYNC. Any input appreciated.
I have the iPhone 4S and it was a breeze setting up the SYNC w/ phone and BlueTooth. I had a Droid Incredible previously Gen 1 model and that was one of the biggest PITAs to keep having to reconnect and make sure it stayed accessible.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:26 PM
The only time I have problems is when something is plugged into the USB port when I start the truck. It doesn't happen every time but maybe 20% of the time my iphone 4s does not get picked up in sync. I've been told it is sort of like when a pc boots and drivers load and usb devices can take longer and throw off the timing and the phone driver does not load.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by pat247
The only time I have problems is when something is plugged into the USB port when I start the truck. It doesn't happen every time but maybe 20% of the time my iphone 4s does not get picked up in sync. I've been told it is sort of like when a pc boots and drivers load and usb devices can take longer and throw off the timing and the phone driver does not load.
An easy fix to this is use sync and say the command "Blue Tooth Audio".. If the BT icon isn't lit on the Sync dash screen (above the radio) it will seek out a memorized BT connection. Check your phone to make sure that somehow BT didn't turn off and it should then mesh up after a minute. I do this about once a week and the main culprit is that I have my phone with me, it is working fine, I run back into the house and leave my phone to charge or just to be disconnected, drive away and the BT connect is severed.

Quick Reply: iPhone and Sync