Sync updates and upgrades anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync updates and upgrades anyone?

I was perusing the Sync my Ride website and wondered if anyone here has needed to update or upgrade per their instructions here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...erLanding.aspx

If so, how did the installation go? Any problems afterwards?

thx.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Formula jg
I was perusing the Sync my Ride website and wondered if anyone here has needed to update or upgrade per their instructions here:

thx.
I updated my Sync, I went to Bestbuy and bought a 16g usb stick and followed the directions (if you do this print out directions) everything went smooth. I was kind a surprise. lol.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM
How old was the Sync software that you were updating?

Were the updates worth the effort?

thx

Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM

thx.
I performed an update to my SYNC last month per instructions and everything went smooth. I lost my phonebook after the update. I used all the troubleshooting procedures found in the Sync owner's manual and on SyncMy Ride. I even downloaded a program to my desktop and attempted to manually upload my phonebook from a flash drive.

I ended up going back to factory default settings per Sync owner's manual. I now have my phonebook. I think I'll leave things the way they are.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
How old was the Sync software that you were updating?

Were the updates worth the effort?

thx
I bought my truck at the end of July 11 and the newest update came in Oct so it wasnt that old. Notice a few changes but nothing big. The only thing that doesnt work with my phone is the texting but everything else works flawless. If it matters I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4g T-Moble.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:25 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2011

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ever since I updated mine my iPhone doesn't play music automatically (bluetooth) when I turn on the truck. It starts with "line in" now and I have to change modes to bluetooth. Not a big deal but I liked how it was before. Also iOS 5 is supposed to show the track info over bluetooth now but it doesn't display on the screen. It works in my wifes car though

Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Apple doesnt play nice with Sync. A lot of people have your same problem. My phone book and bluetooth worked fine before and after the update.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
This may sound dumb but what phone do i need to get to take full advantage of sync and the saying text feature ? My I-phone does not recognize that feature or its not able too. Time for upgrade on phone is why i ask. Or is it every phone is going to have some fault with sync ? thanks

Old 11-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by rcmike
This may sound dumb but what phone do i need to get to take full advantage of sync and the saying text feature ? My I-phone does not recognize that feature or its not able too. Time for upgrade on phone is why i ask. Or is it every phone is going to have some fault with sync ? thanks

There are several phones that work with the text feature in Sync. I'm using a Samsung Focus and it works great. Bluetooth audio on it works great also.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by rcmike
Well now that the iPhone has Siri text messaging works great over the sync system. Siri works well with sync

Quick Reply: Sync updates and upgrades anyone?