Best way to level an 03 Fourby4

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best way to level an 03 Fourby4

I've got an '03 SCRew Fourby4 and want to level it out. I don't like the way the noise is lower than the rear end. I was going to crank up the torsion bars some to see if that helps, but someone else recommended a leveling kit?????

What is the best way to level one out?

Old 11-22-2002, 11:53 PM
I didnt know that they made a leveling kit for them, i thought they were just for the SD. Maybe im wrong. If i were you i would save your money and just crank the torsion bars a bit, see if that helps.

Old 11-23-2002, 12:08 AM
No leveling kit available for the 4 X 4's per se. They are available for the 2 wheel drives. Cranking your torsion bars is fairly easy but still might leave you slightly nose down. The least expensive way to level it is to drop the rear but that is at the expense of vehicle height. Lift kits usually accommodate for the front up situation.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Lightbulb

I of course torqued the torsion bars to give me about another 2 inches in front. Nice...

For the rear, this can be done easily with a floor jack and a wood block... say small 4x4. Do one side at a time.

I simply removed the factory 2inch blocks from underneath the leaf springs.

This then drops the leafs onto the rear axle. I then placed the 2 inch blocks I removed, ontop of the leafs.

This keeps use of the factory U-bolts since your are just moving the blocks not removing.

This gave my truck a really nice stance.

* Just be aware this does decrease the inches of travel in the rear. Reason being, You now have placed the block closer to the bump stop.

With this change on my truck I have only bottomed out twice. This happened Off Roading at the desert on the whoops.

Driving on the streets and Highway I have never bottomed out even with heavy loads.

Quick Reply: Best way to level an 03 Fourby4