Almost Christmas---Edelbrock shock recommendations please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Almost Christmas---Edelbrock shock recommendations please!!!

Well, I'm pretty set on getting Edelbrock shocks from ol Santa this year. I have done a search on the shocks and read all I can. Just want to put this out there and get a re-cap from anyone that cares to comment or has gotten a new set lately. I'd love to have all recommendations and what you think about them since there hasn't been anything new on here in a while. Thanks guys.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Galaxy:

I had installed the Edelbrock IAS shocks on my 2000 Tahoe with, and really liked them. My handling was improved dramatically, and they performed well off-road. They were a little stiff on-road, but then I wasn't looking for a 'caddy ride either. I traded my Tahoe for my 2002 Crew with the FX4 package, and actually like the faux Rancho shocks, so I haven't thought about putting the Edelbrocks on my Ford (yet). Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2002, 08:07 AM
I just replaced the shocks on my '97 4x4 F250LD and was considering the Edelbrocks IAS shocks, but after some research on the web, I found quite a few truck owners had problems with leaking seals. I called Edelbrock to ask if the leaking seal issue had been resolved, he said they never had a leaking seal problem and any problems must be due to improper installation.

Not wanting to take a chance on buying shocks with a leaking seal, I decided to go with the Bilstein HD shocks and have been very happy with them.

Old 11-18-2002, 08:28 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am very happy with the adjustability of the Rancho RS9000.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:34 AM
I installed them on my Expedition and am very pleased with them.

Old 11-18-2002, 07:49 PM
I am very pleased with RANCHO RSX shocks. I believe they offer the most bang for the buck.

Quick Reply: Almost Christmas---Edelbrock shock recommendations please!!!