Noise on speedbumps.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise on speedbumps.

I have a noise when I hit a bump with BOTH my front tires. If I hit the same bump but don't hit it square, like hit it one tire at a time the noise is not evident. I am thinking sway bar bushings, has anyone else had this happen. It sounds like it is under my feet. Thats is the only thing it is doing so I guess I will start lubing stuff to see what quites it down.

Old 11-16-2002, 03:33 PM
If you have lowered your vehicle you could be bottoming out on your bump stops. You might be able to trim them down some to give you a little more clearance.

Old 11-16-2002, 08:43 PM
My truck is totally stock except for the wheels. No body has had this happen before? I thought at least someone had run into this. Sounds like a squawk type sound.

Old 11-19-2002, 12:04 AM
NOise?

Does it sound like a squeak. Mine started that same noise so I asked the shop they said the lower ball joints were going dry. Well I asked people on this site and some others and everyone told me to put grease in the pitman arm . Other peope also said it was the upper control arm bushings. Well I have greased everything there is tho grease down there and it is still there, I also have a noise when I turn my wheels. Now I am about to change my lower ball joints to see if that is what it really is. So what I would suggest is first go outside and push & pull on your front bumper and see if it stil makes the noise. Then start with the cheapest and easiest things. The pitman arm is probalby the cheapest and easiest. And since there is not a grease spot on it you will need to get a grease needle and put a hole in the rubber cover squirt grease in there and then seal the hole up with silicone or something like that. And if that doesn't work just start greasing everything down there. Sooner or later you will find it and fix it.

Old 11-20-2002, 01:34 PM
It could be the shock bushings. they could be worn out.

Quick Reply: Noise on speedbumps.