Truckperformance.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truckperformance.com

I will never buy a product from them again!! I ordered a set of ranco rsx shocks from them 3 weeks ago and they are still not here. Every time I call I get the run around. And am told they shipped or they didn't ship or they shipped from here and now from there. Customer Service (Alfred) was especially rude, I asked for a substitution and if they could second day them. No Dice I was even going to go for the 9000's they had in stock or the Edelbrocks. All I asked was they pick up the difference in shipping. I didn't feel that was asking for too much.

Stay away from them entirely if you want good and friendly customer service.

John

Last edited by JBRIII; 11-06-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:13 PM
V8KILLAH1
unfortunately it happened to me too. they got some good stuff though and yes SOME parts do take longer than others. It depends on if they stock the part or gotta get it straight from the manufacturer.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:58 PM
V8,

Yes they do have nice things, however who wants to buy nice things from people like that!!! That's not the way we do things in the South. Maybe that's just the way people are in the land of fruits and nuts.

Someone in this area will be getting my order for a Supercharger this spring, not truckperformance.com

John

Old 11-06-2002, 07:23 PM
V8KILLAH1
JBRIII:

well if you think about it, I am more down south than you are. but don't get mad at me about THEM. Like I said, I had the same problems with them, but only on certain items. My clear corners took like a month when they said it will be shipped out next day!

I feel for you man, but living where I do, I have suddenly had to accept things take a while to get here. If I was on the mainland, there'd probably be more performance shops that I could just drive to!

Why spring? Income tax return?

Old 11-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Thumbs down

you got to be kidding me!!! im up in CT. and i have ordered plenty of stuff from them with absolutly NO complaints...on time right parts ..not bad prices to boot..???????

Old 11-06-2002, 10:03 PM
V8,

I hear ya. But at least you got the weather and all the scenery to distract you while you wait Sorry if you took it as if I was Bich'n at you. Just venting.

I guess I just had bad luck. I understand if others have had a more positvie experience (RoushFan-1) and I think that's great. I'm just relaying my experience with them so others can be forwarned if they choose to listen.

I even asked to speak with his supervisor so I could try and get this resolved. He told me everyone was at the SEMA show and he couldn't authorize second day air. What does that cost $40. We are UPS's major overnight hub for the Entire Eastern US. I can't believe they wouldn't spend $40 to satisfy a customer, who they've been playing for 3 weeks. They didn't hesitate to bill my credit card by the way. When I told him I'd tell everyone I could about my poor service he told me he could care less what I did.

By the way it's in the low 40's and rainning.......I hate you

Have a good one,

John

Last edited by JBRIII; 11-06-2002 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Wish I had read this post before ordering from them. Unforuniately, I order the wrong part and realized it within an hour of placing the order as it was confirmed via email within minutes of the order. So, I called to cancel the order as it was their policy and was told by their rep that it was impossible for him to view an online order the same day and that I would have to call back in 24 hours. Well, that was Saturaday, so I called back Monday and was told that the part was scheduled to ship but it shouldn't be a problem to stop the shipment. The rep further stated that he call me back if he encountered any problems stopping the shippment. That evening, I checked my order status on line just to be sure and it appeared the order had been canceled. Four days later in the week, they had issued me a new order number and shipped the part anyway. So, now I am going through the headache and expense of returning a part that I tried to cancel within an hour of ordering it. Oh, the joy.

Last edited by crain; 11-07-2002 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:06 PM
Springtime

BONUS!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2002, 12:44 PM
I had a similar experience with truckperformance.com, they were rude and shipping took 1 month not 10 days. I will never order from them again.

Old 11-07-2002, 02:56 PM
everything i have ordered has come very fast and very cheap on shipping. i ordered an airdam and a muffler in the same order. shipping was $15 for both, next day after i ordered it, the airdam showed up at my door on a private company delivery truck, and then the next day, the muffler showed up UPS. i love those guys!

i've had 6 orders come to me perfect and always 2 days faster than they say.

i won't give my business to anyone else.

i think it may depend on who you get your order to. i know my guy that handles my account is awesome

Old 11-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Lilbuddy,

I'm glad you get good service from them. I just wasn't as lucky as it seems a few others weren't and one other was. You're probably right, it just depends on who you deal with. But you have to admit you wouldn't give a company another dime or your hard earned money if you were treated in the same fashion would you?

I called Rancho directly and they couldn't have been nicer. They tried in every way to find my order, but since I didnt have the PO number they couldn't trace it. Rancho's CS rep told me that they did not have a customer by the name of "TruckPerformance.com" So they either do business with Vendors under another name or they pool orders with another company or go through a distributor. Either way if this was Summit or Jegs or someone else reputable I was dealing with we wouldn't be having this discussion. I know delays happen and things get out of stock. That is not the issue. The issue is being constantly lied to and then to be treated like sh*# in the process.

John

Old 11-07-2002, 03:13 PM
V8KILLAH1
what's up LilBuddy?

Well LilBuddy, let's just say you were a lucky one. Ain't they located in Cali? Well that's probably why you got good service since you're so close to them.

I ordered my stuff, they gave me a UPS tracking order, the shipment was taking a while, I called back to Truckperformance and they said they'd follow up on it and call me back that same day. No call back.

So I called UPS myself locally, and they said they didn't have a such UPS tracking number. I was flippin getting irritated.

Not only this, but the very first time I had my Gibson quoted, the first guy was real cool and said he could help me out on the shipping cost. Doesn't UPS have a set price???? What does that mean, truckPerformace can play around with the actual product cost depending on how much that particular salesman wants as a commission.

Anyways, I call back a month later when I've got my money ready, and this other guy is being a tight*ss. Saying that he can't negotiate anything. I told him about the other salesman being able to hook me up with a better shipping cost, but he still gave me the run around (some bullsh*t).

So what can I say, some people are lucky, some get sh*tted. All I know is, I will only use their website to check products and prices, but will only order from them as a last resort!

JBRIII, I never realize when the mainland goes thru their cold seasons anymore, sorry for that. But come spring time when the flowers start to bud, you'll be ripping thru those streets with your new SuperCharged F150.....or save the money and buy a ticket to the land of fruits and nuts !

Old 11-07-2002, 11:12 PM
I havent had any real probs with them but i have had probs with Godfather customs and will never ever do business with them period.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:07 AM
I only used them once, ordered my Euro tails. Shipped as stated and came on time, no problems. Could have used more packing materials in box, but that is small stuff.

Old 11-08-2002, 10:34 AM
I've ordered from them numerous times, and never had a problem. I ordered my rancho rsx's and transgo shiftkit and had the shiftkit in 3 days. The shocks were out of stock at there warehouse. But it said it on the packing slip. I got them 2 days later. I have no complaints. Prices are great, shipping is good.