smoother ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question smoother ride

I just purchased a 02 S-crew. Love the truck, a 4x4 xlt, 5.4 with tow package. The ride is better than any previous truck I have owned, (all 4x4s) but it is still a little bumpy, probably a result of the heavy-duty shocks with the tow package. I was wondering if anyone has tried the adjustable shocks, pro comp mx-6 or rancho 9000, and if they smooth out the jiggles a little. I am also looking at the edelbrock IAS shocks since they have a money back gaurentee. If you don't like them , just return them for refund. I know I'll probably get a reply that I should have gotten a 2WD but I need the 4x4 to get back to my hunt camp, and I just plain like the peace of mind in the winter. If anyone has tried these shocks, or any other to improve the ride, their input will be appreciated.

Old 10-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Thumbs up

I have a 2000 expy with a 4 inch rancho lift on it with the rs 9000 shocks they are a great shock you might want to look into the new rs9000x nine position shocks they will be replaceing the 9000 shock.If you go with the rancho you wont be disapointed.good luck

Old 10-12-2002, 10:30 AM
rancho 9000's all the way! especially if you ever tow anything. If you don't ever tow non adjustable shocks should be fine.

the stock "Heavy duty" shocks are gas charged and they only dampen the ride in one direction. the gas is always "Pushing" the shocks open. which makes the ride bouncy. Rancho's dampen in both directions (Push and pull) so they smooth the ride.

when I am not towing I set my shocks to setting 2 and my truck rides like a luxury car! I have both Chevy and Dodge truck owners say it is the best riding truck they have ever been in.

Quick Reply: smoother ride