Rear Springs for a Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Springs for a Supercrew

Hi everybody... could someone tell me what i can do to lift the rear of my supercrew about 2 inches. It's a 4 wheeler and I turned the torsions up 3 turns already lifted the front about an inch. Now the truck sits level and i actually like the ride better (doesn't roll around as much on the springs). But the problem is that my sister of all people got a new Duudge and dang it, it sits a little higher than my truck so what I was thinking was to add a leaf to the rear spring pack or If I could just buy the 7700 lb packs off the heavy half and install those. I don't want to put blocks of garbage under the springs to gain the lift looks cheesy and it will wheel hop bad in sand or spinning the tires so that's a no no.
Does anyone know where I can get an extra leaf or 2 from. I could use some help with this.......

Thanks

Old 08-23-2002, 01:51 PM
Lightbulb

Don't most of the suspension companies offer some type of add-a-leaf to gain height? You might also try a local spring shop.

Old 08-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Try the Hellwig LP-25 helper spring kit. Works well, logical D.I.Y. installation. Gives some lift and keeps the a*s end level under load. relatively short money and they are adjustable, too.

Old 08-27-2002, 03:23 PM
This is a tough topic to find out information on.. I've tried numerous times, w/ very little luck. I got my springs from my buddy, who owns a salvage yard, just went in and got the same size i was looking for, and paid a little a' nothing for them, actually 7.50 for three pair. One for me, and two for my farm pickups. The best way for you to do it would be to look at summitracing.com or someplace like that, they've got an add-a-leaf set i'm sure. go to summitracing.com, and do a part number search for "HEL-2201" and there'll you'll have it. I gained about 1.5 inches from my one add-a-leaf. any more questions just ask!

Quick Reply: Rear Springs for a Supercrew