Shock recommendations please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shock recommendations please...

I need to put some shocks on the wifes Explorer but can't find a lot of information on "value-priced" shocks. I know you guys have changed a lot of shocks in the past - which ones do you use. I would like to spend no more then $100 - $125 a set so the Edelbrocks and Bilsteins are out - although I have a set of Edelbrocks coming for my Screw .

Your recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2002, 01:04 AM
I've got the Monroe Reflex & they're pretty good, no complaints.

Old 01-06-2002, 02:48 AM
Well to stay under the 125 you could go with Monroe Gas-a-matic plus's, they are usually around 25-30 each around here. The provide a nice ride that is OE or better and deffinetly last longer than OE. If you can spend just a little more you can get Monroe Relfex's or Monroe sensa-tracs for around 40-50 each. They provide improved ride and handling.

Old 01-07-2002, 01:04 PM
I put on a set of Monroe Reflex shocks for $120 (during a buy three get one free deal). Keep an eye open - Monroe seems to have this promotion relatively often. If they're too expensive, the Gas-a-matics aren't too bad - just don't expect super perforamance out if them, but it should be better than stock. I've been happy with the reflex shocks.

Old 01-07-2002, 09:08 PM
For the price range you are looking for, I would recommend the Explorer Pro Comp ES 9000 series shocks which go for around $120 per set of four.

I upgraded from stock to the pro-comps a while back and was reasonably satisfied with their performance.

They reduced bodyroll considerably and after the first 100 miles or so gave a nice ride.

I have since moved up to the more expensive Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks but I would still recommend the pro-comps.

Baj

Quick Reply: Shock recommendations please...