jumping?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question jumping?

hi i would like to know if any one has any tips for setting up my truck so i can jump without breaking everything that keeps me going straght

Old 11-13-2001, 10:55 PM
Start with a full cage. coilovers at all corners plus a bypass shock to go with them. New upper and lower boxed a-arms with reinforced mounts. disconnect the airbags too!

Old 11-14-2001, 03:30 AM
and get rid of that body lift.

if ur talking about little jumps then crack the front T-bars a bit b/c when we were jumping my freinds 4x4 supercrew the front end would bottom out where the bump stop on the frame would caved in. later we crank the t-bars and no more bottoming out on little jumps

Old 11-14-2001, 05:42 PM
Axle trusses (real ones, not the pretty chrome ones), Limiting straps, good shocks and springs, good bump stops in their proper locations. If you are going for major air i suggest maybe adding weight to the rear end so you don't nose dive.

A roll cage and racing harness would be nice too.

Chris4wheeling: What's wrong with jumping with a body lift? I've done it and only broken suspension parts. I've had no problems related to the body lift.

-Jon

Old 11-15-2001, 05:27 AM
i'm into desert racing and have help build some trucks. pretty much all the pros says no to body lifts b/c it causes leverage and body lifts can breaks. i've also seen it happen a few time with my own eyes and it wasnt just desert racing

Old 11-21-2001, 05:08 PM
atleast crank the torsion bars,i jumped some railroad tracks a few times and the front end dropped like a 20lb rock on the front of an rc car.other than that,fre small,slower jumps it should be pretty safe.but a cage is always a good idea and 4 point harnesses.i had em in my race car and flipped it over another car and then 2 more times and ended up in between to fences on my side.with a good cage,seat,and harbness you're perfectly safe,believe me i know.

Old 11-22-2001, 02:22 PM
also consider some limiting straps and some longer bump stops so u don't completly bottom out

Quick Reply: jumping?