Spring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring question

Does anyone know anything about add-a-leafs or hellwig helper springs? I need to know how they look when added, meaning is the back too high that the front can't be raised w/ torsion tweak to level it? Also do the hellwig helpers do any lift at all? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 10-29-2001, 01:44 AM
hope I can help..

Well Blue,
I have 3500lb helper spring that came from Hellwig and they are sold in J.C. Whitney catalogs.....they are much better then the add a leaf's, you benifit from less body roll, less axle rap and lot's more towing capacity, when equiped with lower gears. Mine lifted the back of my truck about 2.5 inches, however you can adjust the nuts on the shackles so that the spring compress more and lifts ur truck more. I have left the truck like that, it is not too high in the back as to where it looks weird...and the helpers will hold alot I filled the bed of my truck with a tarp and water...it was about 3.5 inches from bottoming out...im not sure how many gallons of water our trucks hold but roughly 8lbs per gallon and I also had 9 people sitting on the bed rails....they have paid for themselvs...hope I could help

Old 10-29-2001, 02:00 AM
You'll never get the front end 2 1/2 inches higher by cranking the torsion bars alone

Quick Reply: Spring question