How to lift the front?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to lift the front?

I have a 4x2 '99 Lariat. The rear sits up pretty good, but then the trucks drops twoard the front. Any way to lift the front an inch or two without spending alot, and without comprimising ride quality and reliability? The truck will be towing an RV, so I don't want any mods that may break or cause unusual wear.

Old 10-12-2001, 04:34 PM
daystar coil spring bushings. do a search, they'll lift your front end about 1.5". hope this helps!

Old 10-15-2001, 10:15 AM
Old 10-19-2001, 10:21 AM
are these Daystar Coil Bushings worth the money? Ive got a 4x4, are they compatible?

Old 10-22-2001, 12:22 AM
spindles

hey, i would go with spindles. i ahve fabtech spindles, they rana bout $500, it gives you your stock ride. it jsut moves everthing down. i would ge those adn they are easy to intall, me and my buddy did it in like 45 minutes.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:50 PM
Nikko

If you have a 4x4, you have no springs up front. You have torsion bars. Lifting the front with torsion bar suspension is easy.

Under the truck, you will find two round bars that extend rearward from the a-arms. At the rear of these two bars will be a bolt (head down). Turning these bolts clockwise (screwing them in) will lift the front of the truck.

Park on a flat level surface and measure from the ground up to the frame rails at the front on both sides. If it is unlevel side to side, level using the afore-mentioned bolts on the torsion bars.

Then lift the front of the truck with the torsion bars until you get the height you want. 2 and 1/2 turns of the torsion bar bolt is the most that is recommended. Any more than that and you risk premature failure of the CV joints due to the severe angle.

If you want more info on this, do a search for torsion bars. There is alot of info here concerning this.

I did this to my truck to level it front to rear.

Quick Reply: How to lift the front?